Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Holidays and beta program

Hi all,
I hope you're enjoying the new zoom effect, even though it created some new small bugs.  It took a lot of work to figure out and implement, since it is actually in 2d.  I'll try to get another bugfix version out this week but I'm not sure I'll have time.  The crashing appears to have been fixed though, so I won't feel too bad about the state of D2TGP if it has to stay this way a month.

Now that we have over 100 forum users, when I come back I will be starting an official beta program.  Donators will automatically have access to it.  I will be making early versions available for testing to that select few, and stable versions will start to be released much more slowly to make sure they have as few bugs as possible.

On a related note, I could still really use any donations anyone might be considering.  I leave this Friday and I've only had one donation so far, from someone who already donated before!  Even if it's only $1, that's enough to get you in as a Donator at the forums and to have my thanks.  Obviously you don't have to, and you shouldn't feel bad if you are unable (we're all poor right now).  But it's all appreciated very much.

Thanks everyone